Kenny Cason .com
CTO | Co-Founder @ Arrived
I love to learn and build all things. I enjoy the challenges of tech entrepreneurship, studying foreign languages and culture, and am proficient in Chinese and Japanese. I also enjoy math, game development, and art.
My favorite programming language is Kotlin. I have spent most of my recent years using: Kotlin, Java, Typescript, HTML/CSS, LibGDX, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Kafka, HBase, Map/Reduce, HDFS, Elasticsearch, Spring, React, MySQL, Git, Maven, ANTLR, IntelliJ.
CTO | Co-Founder
2019 - Now
- Buy shares of rental homes, earn passive income and appreciation. Arrived manages the properties.
- Built V1 property trade platform and web app. Kotlin + Spring RESTFul JSON Api. React (Functional Components/Hooks) + Typescript. Hosted in AWS. Integrations with Auth0, Plaid, North Capital, Google, Slack, GitHub.
- Successfully entered and graduated from Techstars Atlanta.
- Raised $37 million in seed funding and debt financing.
Senior Staff Engineer
2018 - 2019
- Merged Simply Measured with Sprout Social to build integrated social media management solution.
- Integrate Simply Measured technologies with Sprout Social technologies.
Director of Engineering
2017 - 2018
- Lead and build an engineering team of innovative and cutting-edge technologies.
- Align engineering goals with company direction and requirements.
2016 - 2017
- Merged DataRank with Simply Measured to accelerate growth and help win a bigger market.
- Integrate DataRank technologies with Simply Measured technologies to build a next generation analytics engine.
CTO | Co-Founder
2011 - 2016
- DataRank provides an easy to use integrated analytics dashboard for analyzing all of the online conversations about your brands and competitors.
- Helped build company from 3 people to 18 people.
- Consistently grew company at a predictable and maintainable rate.
- Successfully entered and graduated from Y Combinator.
- Helped to design and engineer a state-of-the art Social Data search/analytics engine.
Lockheed Martin, Missile Defense National Team B
Software Engineer I
2010 - 2011
- Develop and deploy software to test functionality of key components within Global Engagement Manager software in Java.
Software Engineer Internship
2007 - 2009
- Developed test software witten in Java intended to coordinate an automated response to a ballistic missile attack against the United States and allies.
- Developed distributed system message replay system so that we could mock out or simulate any existing service for testing in Java and MatLab.
- Developed Unit Tests, Integration Tests, and the initial scripting of our CI/CD process using bash, awk, groovy, and other common Unix tools.
United States Marine Corps Reserve
Lance Corporal - MOS 2111 Small Arms Repairer/Technician
2004 - 2008
- Small Arms Repair Technician School (Armory School) - Top Graduate
- Job Responsibilities - security and maintenance to ordnance, ensure operational safety by teaching classes to other Marines while maintaining a SECRET CLEARANCE.
- Arrived Homes
University of Arkansas
2004 - 2010
- B.S., Computer Science
- Minor, Mathematics, Japanese Business, Asian Studies (Chinese)
As an undergraduate at the University of Arkansas:
University of Arkansas Game Development Club (UAGDC)
2004 - 2010
- Served as both member and president, developing game software written in C/C++, Java, and PureBasic.
- We used frameworks and libraries such as Allegro, SDL, Ogre3D, and OpenGL.
Military Past and Present on Campus (MPPOC)
2004 - 2010
- Webmaster and officer, aided in raising funds for veteran students on campus.
Kansai Gaidai University 関西外国語大学
2007 - 2008
- One year study abroad exchange program. Studied Japanese Language (L7 / Academic Japanese), culture, and business.
Awards & Achievements
Arkansas Business 30 under 30
Advanced Chinese Business Speech Contest 3rd Place
Elementary Chinese Speech Contest 1st Place
Japanese Speech Contest - Runner Up
Meritorious Mast. Top graduate of Armory School. USMCR